Monday, March 23, 2015

Entscheidungen... YES!.....Week 21 in Klagenfurt

     Well remember last week when I went hiking on Monday? Or I guess like 2 weeks ago now... And how awesome that day was! Well the following Monday, the start of this week, was raining! And we took the liberty of having a nap! What a way to start the week. That is a perfect example to how our weeks go. Sometimes they are just way up in the air and exciting and full of everything, others we just go along and it seems like the world is sleeping. But in the end, I'm a missionary in both circumstances and so I'm learning to make sure I'm happy all the time! 

     But I really am happy, don't think I'm saying otherwise! So this week.... Ha I have some pretty good news. So, the news of the week for me is that I will no longer be coming home as planned on the 26th of June. I have actually been given the chance to stay a lil longer than I expected and I have agreed to come home a transfer later, meaning I arrive home now on the 7th of August!

     Just in time for Waterton! So it looks like I'll get home Friday, talk on Sunday and go to Waterton  on Monday! Yay! But that's still a while away. It's been a weird feeling this last week changing that which has been so set into my mind. Plans change for sure, but in the end I have come to realize that Decisions determine Destiny... so like this is kind of a big decision... but like looking at what it is... how could I be going wrong?

That's really the news of the week. 

     On the missionary side of life, we engaged in a lot of service this week. It actually was sick! So our project number 1 was to move a tree house... it was like not built in a tree... simply high off the ground by a wall and deeply pegged into the ground. We cut off the legs, moved it, did a lot more work too and then actually didn't get it done that day. The pegs for the ground had to be reused but the wood was so stuck in them. We decided to make a fire and burn them out... so we enjoyed a nice campfire! Haven't had that in a long time eh?

So we finally got it all in and it was like awesome. Looks good, ill get pics from the members and send them. I didn't have my camera near. So the other one we did was like so cool. A member had build like a huge entertainment centre for a TV on wheels. And it was fall resistant, meaning he put Iron in the base that made it way heavy and when it tips it just rolls back to its position. Well... it was heavy! And we carried it out of a basement.. lol lots of us there. And a crane happened to be in the area and helped us out... Then we drove it to his house and we carried it in, yes its heavy. But that was like a ton of fun. It was a lil spontaneous too cuz it was right after a funeral. This was my 2nd funeral in a transfer. Funerals are different here than in Canada. 

     The rest of our time this week we doored. We really actually did though. We spent a solid amount of time contacting people and we met some various types of people in doing so lol. I love people. I really felt good at the end of this week though. We put in a great effort and I felt it, I love that feeling of a good week and knowing that we worked. 

     We met with a guy this week, he is really lonely. He talked a lot, and really honestly, I felt bad. Just at how sad certain some circumstances are.

     Sunday, I translated all 3 meetings, and I feel like I'm getting better at it actually! I was able to keep up really well and felt like I was doing better than normal. Growth is inevitable!

I read in Alma 48 today and i was impressed with verse 17:
Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

     Just got to be like Moroni... but still be me! I love the Book of Mormon, the stories in it rock! Ah so good! I'm glad to be a missionary and glad to be able to be here longer now! Life is so awesome! I love it love it love it!

Have a wonderful week full of love!
Elder Rodgers! <3


The little church on the mountain top





This is what frumpy looks like...time for a size smaller pants



No comments:

Post a Comment