Monday, March 2, 2015

Aber es gibt eine Auferstehung!....Week 18 in Klagenfurt



     Hello all! Today the weather is a lil down.. and like its not really raining but not sunny and its one of those mysterious feeling days. The computer was having problems at the start and even getting to this point has been a struggle! Nah ok thats a lil dramatic. Its P-Day and I'm living in Austria. Who could not be happy beyond belief? Life is full of lil pockets of sunshine that give me lil boosts of motivation and happiness! I'm glad for those! They are needed on occasion!

     In looking back on my week I think of the significant things which we have done and my list comes up short in my mind. I feel as though I am looking for big events of awesomeness to fill my week and may have, as of recent, been overlooking those little things that fill up my day. I think its my longing inner need to feel as though I have helped someone or done something worthwhile. Many a time I think to myself whether I was actually able to affect someone with something I did and a continuation of these thoughts can really start to slowly drag me down. I think they were doing that this week. 

     But today I've come to the realization, once again, that I have control of it and that I can go out and choose to be happy and choose to appreciate all the little blessings that I have. That's why emails are so important on Monday, it gives me a fresh look at myself and a brightened, refreshing hope of the week to come, in which I want to give my best! Being on a mission, I've had the most conversations with myself in my mind than ever in my life. Its a mind game to say the least!

     We were blessed this week to get an additional Senior couple in Klagenfurt! That puts us up to 8 Missionaries now. Wow! They are here for genealogy! They actually will be starting to archive the first catholic records made accessible to all of Europe. It contains all the records in Austria. Its like a major opening for the church! So awesome! It'll be a huge blessing for all the people here who want to do more family history work. So good! 

     We were invited to eat with them on Friday actually! They are awesome :) Elder and Sister McOmber from California. I'm glad that I get to be here at least a little bit with them! So I got the chance  on Sunday to translate for Elder McOmber and Sister McObmer too. I re-realized my love for translating. Although I may not get it all done quite perfect and good, I do get most and its really good for me as well. I learn more and more and I put my language skills to the test. Translating is really not the easiest thing but it sure is fun to do! 

     I don't know if I have ever really shared my favourite scripture with you. Its hard to have one favourite, of course, but this one has been coming back to me time and time again on my mission and I've come to add it to my top 3. 

It is found in Mosiah 16:8-9... and it says:

"But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."

     This came to me again this week as we were able to attend the funeral of a member of our ward.  On Saturday we went to this funeral, my first one in Europe. It was definitely a lil different then those that I have previously attended, seeing as the culture here is simply different. But in the end, the knowledge of where she went was the comfort that encircled all of us. 

     I am happy to know that there is a Resurrection and that we will all be able to see each other again. Life is good with the reassurance that it goes further! Life! I love it!

I love being here, regardless of the hard things. In fact they are those which make me better. Its a great life! I love it, I love it, I love it!

I love you too! Have a great week and be safe!
All my LOVE!
Elder Rodgers <3




My Mountains!


We go running a lot now! 

Me on the Wörthersee! 

Group pic :) 

I've lost a lot of weight running!

A local theatre at night!






1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting to hear that there are 8 missionaries in Klagenfurt! And the Family History work =)
    Elder Rodgers sounds fantastic! Love the pics of "his mountains" haha.

    ReplyDelete