Monday, March 30, 2015

Viel Zu Tun!...Week 22 in Klagenfurt

      I came to the realization this week of something  that I now will have to face in consequence of staying 6 more weeks. That is, namely, I will now have to write 6 more emails! I think that those 6 weeks will officially cause me to get that problem I was worried about before... Carpal Tunnel? Is that right? Something like that. Watch, it'll happen. But I hope not. I have come more and more to enjoy writing letters home. Its always a challenge to find new things to say and to write about. But I guess, in the week, we do do lots of things worth writing about... like this week!

     So I had the chance to be the seminary teacher this week! Normally its done by the Wades, but they had a senior couple conference in Salzburg this week and so they weren't here Tuesday - Thursday. So we did it! And also got to teach Institute on Thursday evening. It was so much fun preparing the lessons and then giving them. We got to wake up at 5:20 and then get to the church and do it. It was so fun!

     There are only 2 seminary kids here! Small class. A lot different than what I was used to back home. I was able to actually speak German the whole time and not completely die... it worked good! That was a joy of the week! I really liked that! 

     I think my favourite activity of the week was our trip out to Arnoldstein and then further out to Maglern. We took a train out toward Villach and then a little bit further south. There were 2 less actives who lived out here, or so we thought. So we went out to the further one first. A little further than originally anticipated. We ended up walking a good 50 minutes to get to this guys house. He lived about 6 km or so out from where we were. It was cool though! As we were walking, we were going in the direction of Italy. By the time we had reached this persons house we were closer to Italy then to the place we had come from. We were about 1.5 km from the border. It was a way pretty day too, it all worked good... minus the fact that this man no longer lived there... and we found out yesterday... he actually died. Well then!

     But we made contact with the other one we were looking for. It was good! That was a long day of walking! We even saw more Italian Licence Plates than Austrian! The next day... I was on exchange wit Elder Bliss! MY dear friend Bliss! We went walking again! Out to find some more less actives! I enjoy long walks through the villages of Austria. It's a fabulous activity! Our day all in all was full of walking, talking and then teaching! Had a really neat lesson with one of their investigators. He is really solid. It was a great time! I just love teaching situations. Any time I get to teach its just great, those are the times when I can really feel the spirit :)

     We went to have a lesson with our main investigator this week... and he actually told us that we should never come back. It blew me away after... how much that really hurt! Its not fun getting told off by people who I have really come to like and get to know. Out of the blue. This now puts us back to square one... we have no one we are teaching in this moment now. So we need some people!

     There's a book called Our Search For Happiness by Elder Ballard. On Sunday I had some time in the morning to read and then through studies as well... even into dinner time and I ended up reading the whole thing on Sunday lol. Its a great book! So. Sunday  was also great, we ate at a members house! And during church I got to translate again, it was a great experience for me. I learn so much from being able to translate. It helps me so much. 

     People are really awesome. Its amazing what love can do and the amazing things it can bring to pass. I'm thankful for the love of people and also for the love I am able to develop for people! Love helps in so many ways! Its great! 

I am glad for life! Its so good! Conference this week! YES!!!
LOVE IT! 
I love you all! Have a fabulous week all! LOVE FROM ME!!!! <3 <3

Elder Rodgers! Yay!




A place called Maglern, outside of Arnoldstein about 1.5 km from Italy

Look how handsome

Where the snow is on the mountain it is the cutline for the borders of Italy,
Slovenia and Austria come together

Austrian countryside



the cutline again

beautiful area



cutline of borders


long mountain in the back is Dobratsch, the one climbed a couple weeks ago



A nice day in Klaggy!

going dooring


Beautiful Klaggy








1 comment:

  1. Such a shock that they miss their mission so much when they return home, isn't it? <3

    ReplyDelete