Monday, May 5, 2014

Man braucht die Segnungen des Evangeliums!.....Week 5 in Wiener Neustadt

(This week is transfers but Tanner and his companion will stay. It was only a five week transfer this time)     

     Well I remember to last week. Not my best week. Not my best email. I looked at why. I think it was because I had my focus on the wrong things that week. I wasn't totally focused on the service which I would render to the Lord. So this week I realized that and tried to change my focus and boy did it make a great difference. 

     I was able to realize in many different circumstances this week how much the Gospel blesses the lives of people. The blessings promised to us when we live the Gospel are absolutely needed for someone to have hope and joy in this life. The blessings that one receives from living the Gospel are necessary for happiness. I saw that this week in many different ways. Each time I think on this I think back to the scripture in Mosiah 2:41 where it talks about the 'Blessed and happy state of those who keep the Commandments of God, for they are blessed in all things both Spiritually and Temporally' 

     As a missionary I've come to see that principle here is obedience. We are blessed when we obey. D&C 130: 20-21 teaches us that... 'When we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated'. We cant receive blessings from something unless we are obedient to that Law. If I obey the Word of Wisdom.. I will be blessed from that. But it depends on how much I choose to obey that. If I don't, I wont receive the blessings from that. 

     I really saw how much strength the blessings from Heavenly Father give people this week. In any hard situation we face in life, the promised blessings of the Gospel will be our strength. When someone realizes that life without the blessings of the Gospel is harder than life with the Gospel, it will simply allow us to instil a deeper desire in ourselves to be true to our covenants and live the Gospel more fully because we will see how much we are blessed wand supported when we choose to be obedient. 

     Well that was my life lesson of the week. Really made me think of how obedient I am. If im not seeing the promised blessings of missionary work, maybe I need to evaluate my obedience. It works. And the blessings flow. 

     On Monday we had the coolest finding day! Every missionary in Austria came together in Vienna for a finding day. I was working with Elder Sumison for the afternoon. We went out contacting for 2.5 hours and were able to see how the Book of Mormon helps people! We were talking to this one person. I wanted to share 2 Nephi 25:26 with him and so I opened the Book after talking about it a little, this guy stopped me as I was flipping pages and opened up to a random page and pointed and said to read from there. I started reading about how miracles have never ceased among the children of men and that through Christ miracles still happen. In the end this guy never took the book but I know that this little section of scripture was what he needed to hear. Its amazing how the Book of Mormon can be used in missionary work. Well me and Elder Sumison had a great time, found some cool people in the pouring rain and a lot of laughs! 

     So then Tuesday we came back to Vienna for Mission Tour. So this is where we have a General Authority come and speak to us. Elder Dyches from the 70, his wife, President and Sister Miles and our Stake President were all there and addressed us. Ah it was wonderful! I was so uplifted and learned so much. A great way to allow me to look forward into my future and see what I want to become and how I can do that. The Book of Mormon is our greatest tool and I'm committing myself to use it more in the work! 

Well Wednesday we were back to our areas and we took a train up to this place called Grünbach am Schneeberg. We had some potentials to go by on. While we were walking a guy pulled over gave us his address and said to come by next week. He knew we were from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and said he wanted to hear from us. Then he drove back the same way he came from. Like are you serious? That only happens on Missions...

     We had a ward activity Thursday. I got a lot of sun! But I have a great skin lotion and so I was able to retain my tan and not peel! YES! A lot of sun and we did a mini hike. Lots of members came. It was a really good time. 

     The rest of week went on. A few fall out lessons, a few great lessons! A few awesome people found. A few fantastic lessons learned. Songs sung. Ideas shared. It was a great week. I learned lots and was really built up this week. I'm excited to move forward! There's a lot more in store! Its gonna be a great week :)

Love you all back home! Thanks :)

Elder Rodgers <3


My Elder Graver! And Elder Martinez from the MTC

Sister Henry (she has the best smile)

Elder Graver again :)

Mountains and Hills



Selfie through the woods!

A Town

Another Town

Another Town
Me and Elder Smith on the ward activity 

Me and Elder Smith on the ward activity 

No comments:

Post a Comment