Monday, July 28, 2014

Das Leben eines Missionars....Week 17 in Wiener Neustadt

Ich begrüße euch alle! 

     I am getting worse and worse at recognizing time. I look at my watch on Tuesday and I think. Holy its 4:00 pm and its Tuesday, then the next time I look its like Sunday Morning and I'm sitting in Church. I actually look at my watch a whole lot more frequently but im trying to explain a point which is the extent to which time flies. 

     But think about that. How many expressions do we have for time. Since when did time adapt characteristics of living things. Time... Flies, Crawls, Walks, Runs and Zooms. What is time. IS it real? I am so fascinated with the aspect of time. I remember experiences of days from years and months ago like they were but mere days ago. And then I look at other ones and I'm like holy cow, that was like forever ago. How does time do that? It has a hold of my mind. Then look at time in relation to the scriptures. You get into the little books after Nephi. The book of Omni is one of the smallest books and it takes up almost 200 years of time. The sons of Mosiah were on missions for something like 14 years. Dude. Time is so cool. 

     The news of the week is as follows... I, Elder Rodgers, will be staying in my wonderful ward which is Wiener Neustadt. My new companion will be the one and only Elder Durrant from St. George Utah (if I remember right). He is wonderful! He is in my group! (went in the MTC at the same time) so we know each other already. We are the same age on our missions. Wondrous! I look forward to seeing him again! After he travels for like 12 hours across the Mission haha. I'll be spending that day in Wien most likely. Elder Smith is off to Germany. According to the members here he "Sinned" and therefore was cast out to the land of Germany. Really quite funny actually. 

     I was on Tausch with Elder Croft this week. Oh that blessed soul! Friends for life me and him. He is hilarious. We worked so well together. Had our 2 hour thing fall out in Wien so we walked around in the rain going by on people who needed some follow up. A conversation can really go anywhere at that point. I respect him very much! And I will be able to have another tausch (exchange) with him this transfer too! So the was Tausches work is that the District Leader will tausch with all the missionaries in his District. Elder Smith was the DL so that's why I got to do all the tausches. Sick right!!! (Tanner is now the district leader so he will going on exchanges with each elder in his area)

     I was fortunate enough to give the lesson in Priesthood on Sunday too. It was from the talk by Elder Christofferson called Spiritual Whirlwinds. Made me miss the temple! I wanna go to the temple again! haha I miss it! You are all so blessed back home for having one right there in Cardston. I am so totally gonna use that more when I get back. It's awesome! The Temple is one of the greatest sources we have for protection from the storms of today. It's so cool! Family History and helping people and doing all the awesome stuff in Temples. It's the sickest! Really. I admire the people who sacrifice so much to make it to the temple. 

     Alma 38:5 is my scripture of this week. Trust is the answer! I think trust will get you though any situation. Ever. Trust and then go forward. Throw that in conjunction with 1st Nephi 4:6-7 and you got the recipe for success! 

I love Austria! I love the German language! It is so full of blessings. Did you know that Joseph Smith could read perfect German? Boss right! Have a wonderful week! I really do love you all!

Elder Rodgers <3


Aint it gorgeous?

Cool dude outside the window hanging from a helicopter!

Schön!! (beautiful)

Accidentally cut part of my nail off. Whoops! Allas ok now though!

Hump day is a missionaries half way mark. Tanner had his hump day
this last week. This is his camel I sent him.


No comments:

Post a Comment