Monday, July 7, 2014

WUNDERBAR!......Week 14 in Wiener Neustadt

     I love that word. I love Austria. I love the word Love. I love so many things. I love happiness. I love German. I love my companion. I love you. I love me. I love the Gospel. I love my Family. I love that I can sit here at a computer and write about the things that I love. I love it. 

     I did that because I do that all the time. I'll be laying there in my bed and I'll just talk to myself. Elder Smith comes in and is often a lil confused. So is life right! So is life when you are with your companion all the time. For 3 months. I don't know how we do it. I really dont. Talk about miracles eh? haha blessings from the Lord that's for sure. I'm going a little stir crazy. I feel like this email has become my rant. It takes to long to write this all out by hand so I save my inner thoughts for Mondays. 

     I can honestly say this week was so fast. One of my top 3 fastest weeks. It's likely because we were on Tausch (exchanges) more than half the week. Started out on Tuesday (Which was CANADA DAY!!!!!) with Elder Sumsion. We were in Wien (Vienna) together. Spent a great amount of time on the streets. There are so many people to talk to in Wien! So we did just that. Wednesday we just helped with a move! The whole day, 9-3 then we Tausched back. It was awesome moving in Wien! We drove across the whole city in a moving truck. It was so cool! What a beautiful city! 

     Thursday was a member day. We were with members a ton. We had our Ward Mission Leader Meeting, then we went to an appointment with another member, then taught German, then we had Priesthood meeting with leaders, and ya. So is life right? So many members! 

     Friday we were then again on Tausch! I stayed here and Elder Curtis came to Wiener Neustadt. We had a good evening at the church playing soccer with a bunch of investigators and members. Then  Saturday we had a lesson at lunch. We were fed to the brim. But then we gave a really well put together thought. One of my favourite lessons I have ever been a part of. Everyone, all 4 of us, learned something from that that we could apply to our lives.Then we tausched back. 

     My week went so fast! Church was great! Our Sunday School teacher is so awesome! He is an amazing teacher! I  just love that. Testimony meeting was wonderful too. The Spirit is such a huge presence in my life now. It is an awesome feeling always being able to have the Spirit with me. 

So now to this thought. 

     Started with 3 Nephi 17:7-9  Jesus Christ can heal us. He did it then, He lives today, He can therefore heal us in the same way. Cool right? Well then we look into many of the examples form the Bible and we learn that He heals us... " According to our Faith which is in Him ". So then, Do we believe He can heal us? If so, how do we show that Faith because we know that Faith without works isn't Faith. We show that by Repenting and following Him. Keeping Commandments and applying the Atonement in our lives.  We have Faith that when we come unto him and give up our weaknesses and our infirmities that he will then be there to support us. We act in Faith. 

     I know that when we follow Christ, He will be there to lift us up and carry us through. His Grace is sufficient. His Power is endless. He loves us more than we know.  I know that this is true. I have seen it happen. I see it happen. Faith... is always pointed toward the future :)

Have a wonderful week! I love you all :)

Elder Rodgers <3



Canada Day / July 4th Burgers!




No comments:

Post a Comment