Monday, June 29, 2015

Meine Mission ist am Besten!!!.....Week 12 in Rosenheim


     Alright.... I'm writing on my iPad right now and it's not the easiest, fastest or most practical way but it works for today. I'll tell you why in a few minutes. This last week has flown. We have done so much good in this last week and I am loving my companion more and more each week. I'm gonna die when I have to leave him. Literally though ;) haha. Well. My thoughts are so scrambled for this week. But it was a fabulous week. My journal should be so awesome to read! I hope... Like in 20 years... I'll remember this week. The hard part is that it's so hard to accurately describe how awesome it was because it just really isn't the same unless you were there... Too bad you all can't be here! Oh this week was good!

     I went shopping on Monday and got some wonderful goods! It was a nice Pday. Tuesday's are always the best because we come into Munich for district meeting. Our district is the best ever! We have such a good time. I love the missionaries here. So much goodness! We spend the afternoon here then back to Rosenheim for the evening. We contacted this one lady.. And she made us feel so good! She just complimented our shining eyes and she said she felt sincere love radiating from us. She turned to tears, it was a heartfelt moment. At first she didn't want to take the Book of Mormon, and we finished our conversation after a bit. She came and found us 5 minutes later and asked if she could actually take the Book. The spirit works! Haha it was a wonderful experience for us all.

     Elder Johnson had a dentist appointment which caused lots of issues. Ha not big, just in the way in which we plan it got a little complicated, but thankfully we have helpers who were able to help us get life sorted out. And then came the highlight of my week... And in the same breath... The low point of my week....


Elder Oviatt went home.


     Along with the other half of my group. What was great was that the train coming up from Austria stops in Rosenheim for 5 minutes and so I got to say bye to Oviatt and Durrant :) oh how wonderful that was! Then they left... And flew home... And now I am the only Canadian in this mission (that I know of) with none coming in... I miss my Canadian Support! Oh but it was so good seeing him again! I am soooo looking forward to when he comes down to visit :) (in Lethbridge)


     Friday was full of appointments. We had 3 in fact! I just love watching how the Spirit works on people. But it's according to their willingness to let Him in and to learn and to act. There are noticeable differences in peoples spiritual level within days of working with them. You can tell simply by talking to someone for 2 minutes whether or not they are reading, praying and acting on their own. Amazing. How grateful I am for my mission.


     Saturday we got to come up to Munich to sing! In a musical fireside! Not too bad eh? We sang... The Lord is my Light, Lead Kindly Light and My Light (Primary Song). It was an awesome fireside, really well put together. Sunday was good as usual. Always awesome being in church in German. Like that's my favourite ever! Ach so good!


     Then comes today. Pday! So we made it out to Neuschwanstein today. This is a castle in Southern Germany that is so pretty! The famous Disney castle is modelled after Neuschwanstein. We got out there with the Munich 2 elders and sisters... And we all wore out Tracht! Which is Lederhosen and Dirndl's by the way lol. Oh how awesome that was. We met some cool people and had some wicked pictures!! Another 4 missionaries joined us too for a bit, that was fun :) So we went to the library this morning and loaded our emails at 8:30 am and then just wrote in the train and now we are gonna head to the library and send them all... I love my iPad!! So that means most of my pictures will come later, cuz I have no computer access right now...Lol just via WiFi. So good!


     I think my scripture for this week would be 2 Nephi 9:51.... The very last sentence! Sometimes.. You just got to let your soul delight in Fatness. Which can be taken in many ways. I'll take it this week as it's Ok to have fun... As long as that's within the proper bounds. Sometimes.. Eating a tub of Ice Cream is ok! You just got to work hard after to make up for it. Take time and smell the flowers... Enjoy life... And work hard to do your best. The scripture fits so much. What is of worth to us?

I love my Mission! The absolute best mission there is! I wish you all a splendid week! I love you so much! What a life!




Luvs forever <3


Elder Rodgers!!






 Neuschwanstein

This is a castle in Southern Germany that is so pretty!



Picture from Zvonimir - our good friend!





Making Fridays lunch!


He is starting to look comfortable in the kitchen

Zvonimir has taught Elder Rodgers some good recipes!





made dip for the chips!

ready to enjoy another feast!

Zvonimir made country potatoes






No comments:

Post a Comment